Bali Spa Guide is just south of the equator and has a yr round tropical local weather with only 2 seasons – wet (Oct – March, high humidity) and dry (April – Sept). I’ve visited in each seasons, and located each are unpredictable, nevertheless, the temperature is often fixed at round 28 – 30. Even if it does bucket down with rain, you’re by no means cold! The mountain regions are always a bit of cooler, particularly at night time, so if you are staying in that region it’s a good suggestion to pack a warm jumper.
What to pack…
– As little as potential!
– Smart-informal and comfortable is the norm, however remember to pack consolationable walking/hiking shoes.
– Sunscreen, insect repellant, hats and a folding umbrella for those sudden showers.
– An extended skirt for the ladies and pair of lengthy trousers is a must, notably if visiting temples the place this etiquette is a requirement. (Instead sarongs may be hired or purchased at level of entry very cheaply).
– In case you wear glasses, it is a good suggestion to pack your spares in your suitcase.
– A face washer or hand towel for lengthy journeys – if you happen to endure humidity stress, a superb refresher is to freeze a bottle of water and take the frozen bottle & face washer in a plastic bag on your trip for fast ‘cool downs’.
– Anything you may have forgotten may be bought very cheaply in Bali!
– Journey insurance coverage is a should – when you don’t already have it – seek the advice of your travel agent or travel insurance could be bought on line.
– Make 2 photocopies of your passport, credit cards, journey insurance and I.D. data – leave one copy at residence (with a relative or friend) and take the opposite copy with you (in your suitcase) keeping it separate from the original documents.
– Take some spare money (for medical emergencies or in any other case).
– Most hotels & lodging have safes – either at reception or in-room – use them in your personal security & peace of mind.
– Utilizing your credit card to make purchases in Bali is a protected and widely accepted apply, nonetheless, at all times take care as you’d anyplace e.g. don’t let your card out of your sight on the point of transaction.
– Bali has its share of petty crime the same as any country – take care together with your purse or valuables at all times. (Drive past ‘snatches’ have gotten more prevalent).
– Solely change cash at your hotel, resort or reputable looking places where you trust the changer (and the calculator used) – ordinary practice is to rely your cash back earlier than you and a receipt is given.
– A very good tip is to take a ‘cheat sheet’ currency converter with you – it’ll only be a rough guide (as currency trade rates change each day in Bali) however it might probably save the frustration of haggling over something which may solely be a number of dollars difference. You can also make up your personal ‘guide’ from any of several on-line change forex internetsites.